Railinc is upgrading the Rail Service Finder (RSF) application on December 5, 2022, between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. EST. This major update improves application performance, response time and the application’s search function.
As a comprehensive search tool, RSF enables rail customers to quickly find company information, rail-served industries, serving and connecting carriers, station names, and service descriptions by searching company names, addresses or railroad names. RSF is available through the Rail Service Finder website.
The highlights of this release include:
- added requirement for an email address to be entered to use the application, which provides Railinc analytics on the number of users;
- made enhancements to improve performance and response time;
- improved search efficiency by requiring users to enter two search criteria;
- added pagination buttons to assist users with paging through search results more efficiently; and
- updated search tips icon.
Users will not have to take any action while this update goes into effect but may experience connectivity issues during the upgrade window.
The Rail Service Finder User Guide will be updated to reflect the new additions to the application.