A Letter of Authorization (LOA) grants permission to an organization to receive another company's confidential data. In accordance with Railinc's data access policy, these authorizations are necessary to ensure confidentiality and to meet specific regulatory requirements of the rail industry.
Railinc's LOA application process facilitates the following activities:
- submission of LOAs for approval
- management LOAs already submitted and implemented
- updating, renewing, or revoking LOAs on file
Railinc Letter of Authorization Policy
Railinc's LOA policy prevents data disclosures that are unauthorized or that are inconsistent with applicable legal requirements. The policy requires companies that grant data access to:
- submit a LOA with an effective term of one year, two years or three years
- submit a new LOA before an existing LOA expires to ensure uninterrupted data flow
- affirm the validity of LOAs each year or face a cessation of data
To access the LOA application, go to the Single Sign-On (SSO) portal on Railinc's home page. Follow the instructions to register or log in. Contact the Railinc Customer Success Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 877-724-5462.