What is the Tank Car Integrated Database system?
The Tank Car Integrated Database (TCID) is designed to consolidate the information on the AAR forms R-1, R-2, SS-3, plus provide additional reporting features. Depending on user access, TCID provides the ability to create a new inspection, implement a batch import and edit, submit or delete an inspection. The TCID application is accessible at www.railinc.com.
Who uses the TCID system and what can they do?
Railroads, equipment owners, shops and third-party entities are the primary users of the TCID system. With TCID, users can:
- Create new inspections and view existing inspections
- Add inspection data to TCID by uploading a batch file
- View the Inspection Detail Report that shows details for a specific tank car inspection
- View the Inspection Summary Report that provides a list of all submitted inspections
- View the Service History by Company Report that provides all submitted inspections information within the database for the selected company
How do I access the TCID system?
You must have a Railinc Single Sign-On (SSO) account and access to TCID to use the TCID system. If you already have an SSO account, you do not need to create a new one and can skip Step 1:
- To create an SSO, go to www.railinc.com. The SSO login is located at the top, right of the page. Click Register Here and follow the prompts to establish your account. You will receive an email confirmation of your profile, which you must verify within 14 days to unlock your account. More information on creating a Railinc user ID is available here.
- To request access to TCID, log into www.railinc.com with your SSO ID and select View/Request Permissions and then select the Request button for Tank Car Integrated Database. Select the applicable role under your Company ID or Mark and submit the request.
What if I don't have a Company ID or Mark?
If you are not an existing Railinc customer and do not have a Company ID or Mark you will need to register for a reporting mark or Railinc Company ID using the Railinc Onboarding Application. There is a one-time setup charge for registering a company ID with Railinc. If you already have a reporting mark or Railinc Company ID, you do not need to register again.
What roles do I need to request access to the TCID system?
TCID is a role-based application that requires a Company ID or MARK to request permissions. Choose from these four roles:
- Tank Car Inspection AAR Member
- Tank Car Inspection AAR Members can access TCID across all company marks. This permission allows users to view all submitted data regardless of company or facility submission but does not allow entering data.
- Tank Car Inspection Company Administrator
- Company-specific administrator access allows users to grant user access to TCID on behalf of their company. This permission does not allow entering or viewing any data and is typically included with Tank Car Inspection Owner Delegate permissions. This role was previously named "Member" in the Sims TCID application.
- Tank Car Inspection Facility User
- Tank Car Inspection Facility access allows users to create, edit, and submit inspections and provides authority to enter facility-specific data and view their own submissions. This role was previously named "Delegate" in the Sims TCID application.
- Tank Car Inspection Owner Delegate
- Company-specific Car Owner or Delegate access allows users to enter data and view all their company submissions. This role was previously named “Car Owner” in the Sims TCID application.
What is a Company Administrator (Admin)?
The Company Admin is responsible for responding to requests for access to a specific application. More information on the Company Admin role is available here.
What if I'm an FTP Customer?
If you submit files via FTP and do not already have an FTP mailbox with Railinc, you may request a mailbox by sending the following information to Railinc's Customer Success Center at email@example.com:
Please set up FTP Mailbox for:
Test or Production:
Can I receive email notifications?
To receive email notifications on FTP submissions, request access to FindUs.Rail on www.railinc.com or add the TCID category to an existing FindUs.Rail contact. More information regarding FindUs.Rail is available here.
Will existing customers have to re-enter their data?
No. Railinc is focused on making the transition to the Railinc TCID system as seamless as possible for customers. Railinc is migrating existing TCID data to the new system so that existing users do not have to re-enter existing data. To properly map prior inspections, Railinc requires your original Sims PE login ID (email address) along with your Railinc SSO ID.
What is the implementation date for the TCID system upgrade?
The implementation date for the TCID system upgrade is November 13, 2018.
Where can I find TCID documentation and other TCID resources?
Documentation including an TCID User Guide, TCID Data Specification Manual and other supporting documentation is available here.
What if I have questions about the TCID system?
Railinc Customer Success Center is available to answer your questions. For more information about the TCID system, contact Railinc’s Customer Support Center toll free at (877) 724-5462 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.