Railinc has a complete curriculum of training activities and resources, including web demos and webinars, to help railroads, equipment owners and repair shops learn to use the DDCT system effectively. Training activities and resources include:
Online Web Demos. The training demos in the DDCT Task Demos section cover a wide range of critical DDCT functions including Rules 1, 95, 96, 107 and 108 and are available above.
User Guide and Documentation. Railinc offers the DDCT User Guide and documentation such as the FAQs linked below to help you learn about the DDCT system.
DDCT User Group. The DDCT User Group is a community where DDCT users can stay informed about system updates and news, share ideas for enhancing the system, get their questions answered and learn best practices from Railinc experts and industry peers. Here are the steps you need to take to join the DDCT User Group:
- Log in at www.railinc.com using your Railinc Single Sign-On (SSO) password and ID.
- In the User Services box on the left side of the Launch Pad screen, click the "View/Request Permissions" link.
- Click the "Request" box next to DDCT User Group Site, choose "DDCT User Group Site" on the next screen and click "Submit."
Railinc Support. The Railinc Customer Success Team is available to answer questions, help you become familiar with common tasks and troubleshoot difficult situations as you learn and become engaged with the DDCT system. For questions about the DDCT system or to get help setting up your account, please contact the Railinc Customer Success Center at 877-724-5462 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinars. Railinc has held occasional webinars to help railroads, equipment owners and repair shops learn more about the Damaged and Defective Car Tracking (DDCT) system. The DDCT system affects the reporting, documentation and management of damaged equipment under AAR rules 1, 95, 96, 107 and 108. Slides from past webinars are listed below.
- Introduction to DDCT: This webinar provides an overview of the DDCT application including incident lifecycles, user functionality, and the role of FindUs.Rail in the DDCT application.
- DDCT Car Hire: Tailored specifically for people involved in the car hire process, this session covers car hire rule changes, car hire calculations for DDCT incident cars, and how to interpret car hire messages.
- Basic DDCT Processes: This webinar demonstrates the basic process flow of the incident life cycle within DDCT including incident creation, requesting/providing disposition, creating defect cards and shop repairs.
- Car Mark Owners and DDCT: This webinar focuses on the tasks and benefits of DDCT specifically for Car Mark Owners. Topics include permissions, FindUs.Rail and notifications, requesting access, querying, incident lifecycle, ADV process, unexpected arrival process, salvage value process, early warning and helpful tips.
- Handling Carriers and DDCT: This webinar focuses on the tasks and benefits of DDCT specifically for Handling Carriers. Topics include incident types, FindUs.Rail, Rule 107 walkthrough, creating a standalone defect card and helpful tips.
- Repair Shops and DDCT: This webinar focuses on the tasks and benefits of DDCT specifically for Repair Shops. Topics include repair history, reporting equipment on hand, reporting repairs, the unexpected arrival process, and helpful tips.